Documents and Tourist Visas


To enter Croatia, you need a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance. It's good to have an international driver's permit for car rentals. This license is issued by the main autoclub.

The driver of a motor vehicle registered entering Croatian territory must have a valid international certificate of motor insurance that is valid in the European Union, or other evidence of such insurance. An official licence plate for a vehicle in the territory of a country whose National Office is a signatory to the Multilateral Agreement, a valid green card issued for the vehicle that originates from a country whose national insurance office is not a signatory to the Multilateral Agreement, or other documents and evidence whose validity is recognized by the Croatian Insurance Bureau are considered international documents and evidence.

Tourist Visa

For nationals outside the EU and the EEA, it is necessary to obtain a tourist visa.


Diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Croatia abroad or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of the Republic of Croatia.

Tel: +385 (0)1 4569 964